On 9 September 2021 MRI invited its network for the online event "Artistic Freedom & Mobility: Learnings from the Pandemic". Please find the detailed event programme here.
We are currently calling for proposals for the research project "Towards a fairer and more anti-discriminatory support for international relocation in North-South contexts".
Previous publications include:
- "Learning from the Pandemic: Artistic Freedom & Mobility Beyond the Covid-19 Crisis" (2022) - in English (full report and summary) and Turkish (only
summary: Yönetici Özeti)
- "Relocating Artists at Risk in Latin America" (2021) - in English (full report and summary) and Spanish (full report and summary)
- podcast "¡El Arte no Calla!" (episode 9) in cooperation with Artists at Risk Connection (ARC)/PEN America (English script here):
- "African Artists at Risk. Opportunities for Temporary Shelter and Relocation" (2021) - Full Report and Executive Summary
- "Collaboration Between Temporary Relocation Initiatives. Potentials, Challenges and Next Steps" (2020)
- “Wellbeing During Temporary International Relocation. Case Studies and Good Practices for the Implementation of the 2019 Barcelona Guidelines” (2020)
- “Relocation Initiatives and Their Impact on Home Communities. Case Study of Kenyan Human Rights Defenders” (2020)
The 2021 "Safety Guide for Artists" by Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) compiles useful information about risk analysis, digital safety, threat documentation, finding assistance and recovering from risk. It is available for free in English, Spanish and French.